Collins Aerospace employees & family members
are invited to become members
Collins Aerospace employees and family members are invited to become members at the Recreation Center. A variety of membership options are available for the employees and their immediate and extended family members. Additionally, the Recreation Center offers membership to Collins retirees receiving benefits and their immediate and extended family. Contract employees of Collins are also eligible to join the Recreation Center and may sponsor immediate family members. Please feel free to stop in for a tour or additional information at any time.
What to know before enrolling?
- New members are required to enroll in person at the Collins Aerospace Recreation Center. Forms can be downloaded to expedite the enrollment process. Download a catalog of Programs and Services.
- Prospective members must verify eligibility by presenting their Collins badge.
- Non-Collins employees or contractors enrolling must have their sponsor complete the Sponsor Information portion of the enrollment form.
- New enrollees under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s signature to enroll.
- If enrolling before the 16th of the month, a prorated first month dues and enrollment fee are due at the time of enrollment. Proration does not apply to a Restricted Retiree membership.
- If enrolling on the 16th or after, an enrollment fee, prorated first month dues and all of the second month dues are due at the time of enrollment.
- A one-time enrollment fee of $30 (plus tax) is due at the time of enrollment.
- The final step of the enrollment process is to schedule a New Member Consultation with a Fitness Specialist. During orientation, the Fitness Specialist will give you a tour of the facility, review our member guidelines, help to assess your fitness goals and answer any of your questions. Your ID picture will be taken when you arrive and ready for you to take with you at the end of the appointment.
- Automatic Bank Withdrawal: Members may elect to have their monthly dues automatically withdrawn from a bank account. If using this option, please bring a voided check when enrolling. The payer must be 18 years of age or older to exercise this option. Membership dues will be withdrawn on the first or second business day of the month.
- Payroll Deduction: Collins Aerospace employees may have their membership, and their family’s dues withdrawn from their paycheck on a monthly basis. This form is available at the Front Desk. The employee must complete the payroll deduction form. Contract employees are not eligible for this option.
- Annual Payment: Members may elect to pay for their membership on an annual basis using cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards.
Collins Aerospace Employee/Retiree
Collins employees and retirees are eligible for membership and may sponsor their family at the employee membership rates. Employees may also sponsor an adult child (ages 26 and older) for membership at the extended family rate.
Collins Employee/Retiree Extended Family
Employees/retirees may also sponsor extended family members at a higher rate. Please refer to the list below to determine who is considered extended family.
- Adult Child (ages 26 years and older)
- Daughter-in-law, Son-in-law
- Brother, Brother-in-law, Sister, Sister-in-law
- Parent, Parent-in-law, Aunt, Uncle
- Niece, Spouse of Niece, Nephew, Spouse of Nephew
- First Cousin, Spouse of First Cousin
- Grandchild, Spouse of Grandchild
Collins Contract Employee
Contract employees provided with a Collins Aerospace badge, are eligible for membership and may only sponsor their immediate family under the extended family membership rate. Immediate family is considered, spouse, fiancée or domestic partner and children (ages 7 – 25).
Students (ages 7-25) years can use their additional time over the holidays to stay in shape and participate in healthy activities at the Rec Center. The Holiday Student Membership will be available beginning in early December through mid-January for a nominal fee. Watch for more information or call 319-295-2552 as the season approaches.
Flex Fit Employee Membership
Collins Aerospace employees will be allowed to join and drop their Rec Center membership as they wish without having to pay back dues. There will be a small administrative fee of $20 when an employee rejoins the Rec Center within one year.
New Collins Aerospace Employees
All new employees receive a free one week trial membership to the Rec Center when they attend their new hire orientation.
Monthly passes can be purchased for eligible non-members at the rate of $37.37 for Collins Employees, Retirees and Immediate Family or $43.43 for Extended Family Members/Contractors.
Collins retirees, their spouses and seniors citizens (62 and older) may opt to purchase a restricted membership to the Recreation Center. This allows members access to the facility at a lower rate during the designated hours indicated below.
Retirees and seniors with restricted hours may use the facility Monday – Thursday from 7:00am-4:00pm, Fridays 7:00am-9:00pm and from 7:00am-7:00pm on the weekends. An additional fee can be paid to use the Recreation Center outside the restricted hours.
Youth members (ages 7-11 years) must be accompanied by an adult, (18 years and up) and wear a blue jersey during their visit.
Summer Student Membership
A summer membership for eligible students (ages 7-25) may be purchased during the summer for $120 +tax. The student membership begins May 1 through early-September. For more information about student membership rates, please contact the front desk.
Prices include local option sales tax
Collins Aerospace Employee/Retiree Immediate Family Rates
|5th Member and Beyond||Free||Free||Free|
Extended Family Rates
|5th Member and Beyond||Free||Free||Free|
- Enrollment Fee: $30.00 + tax
- Forgotten ID Card Fee: $3.00 + tax
- Replacement Photo ID Card Fee: $5.00 + tax
- Outside Restricted Hours Fee: $1.00 per visit
- Late Closing Fee: $1.00 per minute that you are late checking out of the facility after close.
- Child Care Fee: $1.00 per minute that you are late picking up your child after the Rec Room has closed or beyond the 2-hour limit.
- No Show Fee: $3.00 + tax for classes requiring reservations and the member who the reservation is under does not sign in or cancel in advance.
New Member Consultations with our certified Exercise Physiologists or Fitness Trainers are recommended for all new members. Our staff will introduce you to the Recreation Center programs, services, equipment and policies. The 30-60 minute orientation is a great time to discuss your personal fitness goals with a fitness specialist, and is complimentary with your membership.
Two options for New Member Consultations:
60 minute Consultation: (Premium)
- Discuss goals
- Learn about our programs
- Take a tour
- Detailed equipment demonstration (3-5 pieces)
- Schedule programming or fitness test appointment (optional)
30 Minute Consultation: (Basic)
- Learn about our programs
- Take a tour
- Basic equipment demonstration (2-3 pieces)
Please come prepared for your orientation as follows:
- Please arrive early to allow time for check-in at the Front Desk.
- Your photo will most likely be taken at this time for your membership card.
- After check-in, a fitness specialist will meet you in the lounge.
Please note the following:
- If you are 15 minutes or later for any appointment, please notify the Front Desk so that your appointment can be rescheduled.
- Temporary ID cards are only valid until the date of the first scheduled appointment.
- All youth members, ages 7-11 years are required to complete a consultation and should be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the meeting.
- The fitness staff is always available by appointment to help with any further questions.
Members who are 16 years and older, have the privilege of sponsoring guests to the Collins Aerospace Recreation Center. All guests entering the facility must use the Front Desk entrance even when accompanied by a member. Daily, weekly and monthly guest passes are available. Members may bring three guests per visit. All guests are required to check-in at the Front Desk and complete a guest waiver.
Daily Guest Fee
- $6 plus tax
- $3 plus tax for Active Military Guest
General Guest Guidelines:
- Guests must be at least 7 years old. All guests ages 7-11 years, must be supervised by an individual, age 18 or older at all times. Guests must check-in at the Front Desk and sign the guest waiver at the time of their visit.
- Any guest under the age of 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian 18 years of age or older. This will be strictly enforced, so please plan accordingly.
- The guest fee is $6 plus tax and is good for entry to the Rec Center for a single day. Active military personnel may receive $3 off the guest fee when presenting a military ID. Week and month guest passes are available for eligible, non-members.
- Eligible guests, 16 years and older, must present a valid guest pass signed by a member’s sponsor when using the Rec Center unaccompanied by a member.
- Member sponsors are responsible for the conduct of their guests. Guest and/or member privileges may be revoked based on misconduct or failure to follow Recreation Center policies.
- Members can sponsor up to 5 guests per visit.
- Non-eligible guests must be accompanied by a member when using the facility.
- Collins Aerospace employee non-members may sponsor themselves or family members as a guest to the Recreation Center, (guest guidelines apply).
- Guests may not make court and class reservations in advance.
- All children under the age of seven must be admitted into the babysitting room, except when participating with an adult in the Quality Time program.