We believe you will enjoy every visit to the Rockwell Collins Recreation Center, and are confident we have all the programs, services, equipment, and expert fitness staff to help you attain whatever your goals may be.
We encourage you to make use of our complimentary fitness staff services, as this can be your most powerful tool while being a member at the Rec Center. All of our fitness specialists have a four-year degree in a health related field, and have earned their ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) certification. Upon enrollment, a fitness specialist can give you an orientation to our multitude of offerings. Further, they can tailor an exercise program to your every need and show you the proper mechanics of prescribed exercises.
If we don’t meet your expectations, we would certainly like to hear from you, so we can make your member experiences even better. Please feel free to provide feedback by using our suggestion/comments box, located in the lounge or by setting up an appointment with one of us at the Front Desk.
Yours in health,
Mike Duffy and Pam Fox
Regular Rec Center Hours
The Rec Center will continue to be the largest facility in this area that has 24/7 access and will be staffed around the clock! All Rec Center staff are trained in CPR and on the use of an AED. During overnight hours, please remember:
- Rec Center ID will be required for entrance to the Rec Center. NO CARD = NO ACCESS. Staff will not be allowed to make exceptions.
- The Rec Center will be staffed around the clock, but minimal member services will be available.
- All memberships and sales transactions will need to be processed during regular business hours.
- No guests will be admitted during the overnight hours.
- Children ages 7-17 can use the Rec Center during the extended hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights until 10:00pm, as long as they are accompanied by a parent at all times.
- All members with either Retiree Restricted or Senior Restricted memberships will now have access during the overnight hours. A $1 fee will be assessed Monday through Thursday nights. Retiree members will be able to take advantage of the 24/7 hours from 7:00am on Friday through midnight on Sunday night for no additional fee.
- We will have abbreviated hours during the holidays.
- Showers will be closed for a few hours each night to allow for cleaning and sanitizing.
Fitness services and classes are offered during the following hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 5:00am – 10:00pm
- Friday: 5:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Physical Therapy Hours
- Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Rec Room (Babysitting)
- Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 1:15pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday – Thursday: 4:00pm – 7:30pm
- Friday: 4:00pm – 6:30pm (No Friday evening babysitting June 1 – August 31).
Youth members and guests (ages 7-11) will be provided a blue jersey to wear while in the facility and are not allowed to use the locker rooms. Youth members & guests must be accompanied by an adult member (18 years or older) at all times.
Retiree & Senior Restricted
Retiree & Senior members are restricted from the facility during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday 5:00am – 7:00am
- Monday – Thursday 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- There is a $1 fee to utilize the facility outside of restricted hours
- Retirees paying for an unrestricted membership do not have time restrictions.
The Recreation Center is closed on the following holidays:
Abbreviated hours on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
The personal use of cameras and video equipment are prohibited.
Please refrain from use of fragrant products while using our facilities (fragrant free facility).
Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the Rec Center or on company grounds.
Member consumption of food and beverage is to be confined to the lounge. Water bottles and contained energy/protein/sports drinks are allowed on the fitness areas.
League and free play may occasionally be pre-empted for special activities or events.
Non-marking shoes are required for use on our wood basketball and racquetball courts.
For the safety of our members and guests, please refrain from using cell phones on motorized equipment. In addition, we ask that you be respectful of others when using your phone in the facility.
Cell phone usage is not permitted in locker rooms.
Shirts and shoes are required. Revealing attire is not acceptable, please use good judgment.
Hours of operation, fees and rules are subject to review and revision without notice.
The management reserves the right to deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke memberships.
All Rockwell Collins properties (indoors and outdoors, including parking lots) are 100% tobacco and smoke free.
All fees, goods, and services are subject to Iowa State Sales Tax. In addition, we will charge in accordance to the local option sales tax.
Match Play Tennis Centers, Inc. is a contract management firm that has operated the Rockwell Collins Recreation Center and Physical Therapy since it opened in 1986. In May 2013, Match Play Tennis Centers, Inc. was purchased from Hank and Lesley Aldrich by Pam Fox and Mike Duffy.
When the Rec Center first opened it’s doors, the High Court area consisted of 4 indoor tennis courts, and the current cardiovascular area was a basketball court. There were a few pieces of cardiovascular equipment, limited free weights and three rows of weight machines, surrounded by a padded carpeted track.
Today, the Physical Therapy and Recreation Center continue operating as one of the best corporate programs in the state. A major renovation was completed in 2012 and future plans include a locker room renovation/expansion and the addition of an indoor aquatics facility.